Our Family Medicine in San Diego
At Spark Health we support families who are interested in living life to the fullest. We focus on prevention, health education, and the use of safe, natural medicines when needed.
Just like adults, children and teens benefit from comprehensive holistic care for a variety of health conditions.
We do not replace your traditional pediatrician for health care, but instead, provide additional assessment of underlying nutritional, digestive, allergic, or genetic issues that can directly contribute to health problems.
Our medical staff can help direct you the safest and most effective natural products to help treat both acute and chronic conditions.
Common health concerns that Dr. Zeglen, our family medicine specialist, can assist your child or teen with:
- Frequent Illnesses/Poor Recovery from Illnesses
- Natural Care for common infections: colds, ear infections, cough
- Digestion Problems including constipation, loose stools, gas/bloating
- VAXiMAX- Vaccination Consultation & Protection Protocol: protocol of specific immune-supporting nutrients and antioxidants to help protect the body from vaccination
Teenager Health Consults
Designed to help teens (ages 13-18) start developing personal responsibility for their health, learn about the health choices they can make to feel better, and educate them about symptoms that warrant a doctor’s visit. We focus on things that are important to teens including skin health, energy levels, hormone balance, the recognition of eating problems, mood balance, and the ability to think clearly and perform. While we do acknowledge concerns about weight and appearance, we do so in a way that fosters healthy body image and avoids unhealthy eating and exercise patterns.
We treat a wide range of other chronic health conditions including behavior disorders, autoimmune disease, seizure disorder, inflammatory bowel disease.
The following testing is often recommended for children and teens:
- Stool testing (for infections, inflammation)
- Food Allergy testing (finger stick or blood draw)
- MTHFR genetic mutations (saliva sample or blood draw)
- Organic Acid/Nutrient Level Testing (urine sample and blood draw)