0 30 July 2015
A good quinoa salad can kick-start your health like nothing else. With protein, veggies and fiber, this quinoa bowl is a fully-balanced meal.
Write a review
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3-4 chicken breasts, grilled
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh mint and Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, but use chicken or vegetable broth instead of water.
- While quinoa is cooking, sauté garlic and shallots over medium-low heat in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Add zucchini, bell peppers, and artichokes to the garlic and shallots, and cook through.
- When quinoa is finished cooking, add garlic, shallots, and veggies, including spinach.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped chicken breast once the quinoa has cooled slightly.
- Top with mint and parsley.
Spark Health http://www.mysparkhealth.com/
Posted in Food