0 30 July 2015
This high-protein soup is packed with fiber, antioxidants, and intense flavors. Served with a salad, it easily makes a satisfying, balanced meal.
Indian Spiced Soup
Write a review
- 1 ½ lbs ground lamb
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1 can cannelini beans
- 2 bunches lacinato kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- In a large heavy bottom soup pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add lamb and turkey, season with salt and pepper, and brown for 8-10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, beans, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamom, and cayenne.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth and kale
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for and additional 30 minutes.
Spark Health http://www.mysparkhealth.com/
Posted in Food